06 April 2008

I'm sorry...

I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. Real life has not only decided to interrupt, it hit me on the head with a long, metal pipe.

It seems my family in Bolivia is having some trouble because of Evo Morales. I love the president, I do, and I love the changes he's bringing to the country, but it's also hurting the middle and upper classes. What he doesn't seem to realize is that there are more than poor people in his country. Sure they need help, and the country needs a pr boost as well, but he's alienating a good portion of his country.

One of my cousins, his stepfather is in the oil business and worked with foreign oil companies until Morales ran them out. Now, without a job, the whole family's livelihood is being threatened. Apparently they're trying to move to the US, but no such luck.

Another cousin of mine, a doctor no less, is trying to move to Canada. They're visa applications were all accepted -- except that she had another kid while they were being processed. Now the country won't accept their applications anymore.

It's all so insane and I hope it's worked out for the better.

No comments: